||Edmund Bell is internationally recognised for the domestic and contract interior textiles. Established in 1855 and family owned Edmund Bell has had continued international expansion. As part of the companies continued development and investment an excellent opportunity has arisen for experienced Contract textile designer to lead the department.
– The role involves leading all design and product development for the contract sector covering Healthcare, Education, Hospitality and Leisure.
– You will have an excellent sense for colour and a good understanding of printing and weaving techniques.
– You will have an understanding of the technical requirements for fabrics developed for contract applications.
– You will be responsible for leading the creation of the overall vision for the contract product and execution for commercially successful design led contract fabrics for Drapery, Upholstery and bedding.
– It is a creative product design role, but you will also be responsible with working with internal departments to drive the product development process to ensure ambitious product development programme is set with deadlines that are met.
– It will involve keeping up-to-date with trend research and development across a wide variety of fabric qualities for drapery, upholstery and bed linen. This will involve international & UK travel visiting trade fairs, customer & suppliers to gain creative and technical product inspiration.
– You will be working with textile mills across the world on new product development.
It is an essential prerequisite for the role that you will have gained significant experience working within contract textile or associated sector, and you are looking for the next level of progression.
– Educated to degree level in Textile design. With a strong passion for design industry trends and textile innovation
– A highly creative and innovative designer with the ability to create own art work, colouring and commercially execute “bought” art work.
– An interested in design industry trends.
– Strong CAD and general IT skills. Knowledge of AVA would be ideal, although not essential as training will be provided.
– Is a self-starter, confident with excellent organisational skills capable on working on multiple projects to deadlines. Comfortable with working independently and as part of a larger multi discipline team. You will also be Commercially astute.
If you believe you have the skills and experience that match this role please submit and upto date CV and covering letter demonstrating your experience and interest in the role, along with salary expectation. In addition, to support your application. We would also require you to submit recent examples of your work. Please direct to firstname.lastname@example.org