The Brit List – a celebration of the most influential and inspirational individuals in the hotelier and design industries – was revealed last night (12th July) at the Urban Coterie sky bar and restaurant.
The event was organised by Hotel Designs, the leading online news and analysis site for hoteliers and interior designers. The UK’s Top 25 hoteliers and Top 25 interior designers were all honoured at a party attended by more than 200 of the industry’s biggest names at the M by Montcalm in Shoreditch.
The Hotel Designs Brit List features some of the names behind the UK’s most notable hotels and chains, plus the creative minds behind their celebrated interiors.
Hotel Designs editor Daniel Fountain said of the evening: “It was fantastic to host such a varied mix of influential and interesting people. We wanted to celebrate the fantastic hard work of some of the best hoteliers working in the UK and Ireland right now, and the vision of some of the finest architects and interior designers working in the industry today.
“This being the inaugural Brit List, we cannot wait to make this a regular event and we look forward to doing it all again next year. A big thank you to our sponsors Stylo, Hansgrohe and Bathroom Brands, everyone who attended and hosted the event, we hope everyone had a good time,” he added.
Hotel Designs will be profiling the final fifty in the coming weeks; if you missed the Brit List event – you can find out about all the winners.
The UK’s Top 25 Most Influential & Inspirational Hoteliers
* Adolf Schauer: General Manager, The Landmark London
* Andrew Thomason: Managing Director, Gravetye Manor
* Andrew Wildsmith: Owner, Wildsmith Hotels
* Arun Kumar: General Manager, The LaLiT London
* Bharat Rai: General Manager, Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
* Charles Lowther: Owner, Askham Hall
* Chris Hurst: General Manager, Hambleton Hall
* Geraldine Milsom: Milsom Hotels & Restaurants Group
* Jan-Paul Kroese: General Manager, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons
* Jennifer McCabe: General Manager, Charlotte Street Hotel
* Louise/Andrew Macbeth: Owners, Beck Hall
* Lynn Brutman: General Manager, Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire
* Mailo Power: Director, Athenaeum House
* Mario Ovsenjak: General Manager, Hotel Gotham
* Mark Bevan: General Manager, Chewton Glen
* Marwan Hemchaoui: Manager, The Vineyard Hotel
* Oliver Heywood: Founder, Flat Cap Hotels
* Olivia Immesi: Manager, Ace Hotel Shoreditch
* Patrick Burke: Owner/Manager, The Atlantic Hotel
* Paul Brackley: Manager, Shangri-la, The Shard
* Peter McCarthy: Chairman, Clevedon Hall
* PJ Kenny: General Manager, The Hoxton Holborn
* Robin Sheppard: Chairman, Bespoke Hotels
* Sue Williams: General Manager, Whatley Manor
* Tony Troy: CEO, Principal Hotels
The UK’s Top 25 Most Influential & Inspirational Interior Designers
* Andrew Linwood: Head of Design, Areen Hospitality
* Andy Cooper: Head of Design, Oulsnam Design
* Ariane Steinbeck: Interior Designer, RPW Design
* Bee Osborn: Director, Osborn Interiors
* Conrad Smith: Co-Founder, Reardonsmith Architects (Posthumous award)
* David Carter: Designer, A La CarteR
* David Richard Mellor: Principal/Head of Design, David Richard Mellor
* Deema Sahyoun: Founder, IND Creations
* Dennis Irvine: Founder, Dennis Irvine Studio
* Dexter Moren: Director, Dexter Moren Associates
* Emma King: Head of Interior Design Europe, IHG
* Graeme Banks: Design Director, Barr + Wray
* Helen Fewster: Director, Suna Interior Design
* Henry Chebaane: Designer, Blue Sky Hospitality Space
* Janine Powell: Designer, Hampton Design Studios
* John Lewis: Associate, Richmond International
* Lucy Goddard: Creative Director, NoChintz
* Michael Simmons: Founder/Designer, Space I.D.
* Michael Squire: Senior Partner, Squire & Partners
* Michelle Holland: Associate, Goddard Littlefair
* Nicholas Hollinshead: Senior Designer, NH Interiors
* Patrick Tyberghein: Director, Carter Tyberghein
* Robert Angell: Principal/Director, Robert Angell Design
* Sarah Ramsbottom: Managing Director/Head of Interior Design, Elle R Leisure
* Susie Atkinson: Founder, Susie Atkinson Design