InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has announced the signing of Hotel Indigo® London – One Leicester Square. The hotel marks IHG’s debut presence in Leicester Square and continues the growth of the Hotel Indigo brand as its fourth property in London and eleventh in the UK.
Due to open in late 2017, the hotel, based in one of London’s busiest hubs, will feature 95 guest rooms, each with a design reflecting the local area. Leicester Square, a melting pot for the all things cinematic and theatrical at the heart of London’s West End there is an artistic flair prominently in the neighbourhood; which is reflected in the hotel’s design.
The hotel will have a destination rooftop bar and restaurant designed to take full advantage of the amazing views of central London. The design of the hotel will be influenced by the existing property’s art deco stylings combined with the theatrics of the surrounding Leicester Square areas and its varied heritage cinemas. Guests will also have access to a gym and working spaces that can be used for meetings.
IHG has signed eight Hotel Indigo properties across Europe. There are currently 21 Hotel Indigo hotels open and 18 in the pipeline across Europe. Additional signings include:
• Hotel Indigo® Milan – Corso Monforte, due to open in early 2018, this 55-guest room converted historic palace is situated in the city centre.
• Hotel Indigo® Dundee, due to open in mid-2018, this 96-room property will be the owner’s first IHG branded hotel.
• Hotel Indigo® Frankfurt: One of the largest Hotel Indigo properties in Europe, this 236-guest room property is due to open in early 2019.
• Hotel Indigo® Manchester – Victoria Station is due to open in early 2019, and will 187-guest room property
• Hotel Indigo® The Hague – Royal Palace will be the owners eighth IHG brand in their portfolio.
• Hotel Indigo® Dresden – Wettiner Platz is due to open in late 2018 and will operate under a franchise agreement. The 132 roomed property is perfectly located in centre of Dresden and the design will mimic the music neighbourhood where it sits.
• Due to open in later 2018, Hotel Indigo® Manchester – Piccadilly Gardens will operate under a franchise agreement with Cairn Hotel Group and will house 139 rooms
• The 45-guest room Hotel Indigo® Belgrade is set to open in late 2019.
Hotel Indigo® Warsaw – Nowy Swiat opened in May this year and Hotel Indigo® The Hague – Royal Palace and Hotel Indigo® London – Aldgate are due to open later this year.