UK Bathrooms, one of the leading online store for premium designer bathroom products, has launched the UK Bathrooms Design Awards…
The size of your project isn’t important, from the smallest cloakroom to a spacious house bathroom, all entries for the UK Bathrooms Design Awards are welcome.
The expert panel of judges will be looking at sources of inspiration, clever use of space, product choice, overall design and lifestyle features.
Entering couldn’t be easier, you simply need to take photos of your space, preferably before, during and after shots, log onto the website and complete the online entry form. A bathroom space is not always the easiest to take photographs of so UK Bathrooms offer the following advice:
- Prepare the space first by starting with a blank canvas and then add back in a few *lifestyle items, maybe a candle or plant
- Ensure everything is spotless and gleaming
- Pop the toilet lid down
- Focus on the best feature in the space
- Try to balance the brightness form any window by switching off flash
- Give a sense of space by stepping back as far you can in the room
- Check reflections in mirrors and shower screens – make sure you’re not in them
- Try different heights but usually best angle is from waist height or from sitting down
- Avoid unwanted corners of furniture or parts of items around the edge of your shot
- Avoid extra photo filters try to keep as real as possible
Once you have taken your photos you only need to decide which category to enter, choosing from best design, where the prize is £500 Love 2 Shop Vouchers, best traditional bathroom or best contemporary bathroom and win Villeroy & Boch Tableware worth £500. There are also three categories for professionals who can enter to win best architect/interior designer bathroom, best hotel/guest house/restaurant bathroom or best trades bathroom and enjoy the prize of £500 worth of products from www.ukbathrooms.com.
Graeme Borchard, Managing Director at UK Bathrooms explains: “As the leading online store for premium designer bathroom products we sell to thousands of homeowners and professionals and decided that it was time to give something back and to recognise some of the stunning bathrooms that are being created in homes and businesses across the UK. The UK Bathrooms Design Awards have been launched to recognise innovation in bathroom design.” Graeme continues “We are extremely grateful to our manufacturers and distributors for their help and support, these currently include Arnolds, Bayswater, Barwicks, Crosswater, hansgrohe, Keuco, Matki, Perrin & Rowe, Victoria+Albert, Villeroy & Boch, VitrA and Zehnder Bisque.”
The panel of judges will carefully consider all entries before making their decision in October 2020. For further details including full terms and conditions visit the website.
UK Bathrooms is one of our recommended suppliers. To keep up to date with their news, click here. And, if you are interested in becoming one of our recommended suppliers, please email Katy Phillips by clicking here.
Main image credit: UK Bathrooms/VitrA