Stockholm is one of the fastest growing cities in northern Europe, embracing its bank of up-and-coming fashion, design, and musical talent. It wasn’t going to be long before Generator made its mark on the Swedish capital.
Located close to the Stockholm city centre in the thriving technology hub at Torsgatan 10, the brand new property, adjacent to the Norra Bantorget Square, provides a new cultural hub with 796 beds in 233 rooms, a restaurant, bar and exciting social spaces.
More than just a bed for the night, the 11-floor property brings travellers an experiential destination. In true Generator spirit, Stockholm offers lively communal areas integrating food, art, music, design and performances from local artists. Fun partnerships drawing on the culture of this timeless city, will bring the best of Stockholm together to provide a one of a kind experience for both guests and locals alike.
- The property’s cafe and bar, open daily for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, features a menu from local established talent David Gard
- First Floor – a chilled out lounge and convertible communal working spaces, at Generator you’re always connected to city around you, and now you can make sure you’re up to date with the rest of the world, with work tables, power and data points
- Standalone restaurant, inspired by the culturally rich city and its people, will open later this year and offer contemporary global street food with a Scandinavian touch.
- The lobby with quirky pops of colour and oversized pendant lighting, is open day and night for guests to hang-out and interact, the perfect spot to make new friends and wind down after a busy day out in the city
- A studio apartment with views of the Stockholm ridges, featuring a private kitchen and living room with a TV
Stockholm has served as a platform for a myriad of creative talent, and Generator has drawn on this to inspire the latest opening. DesignAgency, the Toronto-based interior design firm behind the projects, has transformed the building with upscale micro-chic accommodations, local flare, and vibrant spaces that reflect the city’s aesthetics and culture.
Accommodations include suites, premium private rooms, and shared hostel lodging, all with en-suite bathrooms and the hostel plays host to an events space to accommodate the neighbourhood’s bustling commercial activity as well as host Generator’s events, including the ‘GenTalks’ series.
Generator Stockholm General Manager, Alexander Bhatt, says “The combination of affordable accommodation, innovative design and vibrant social spaces is something that there is just not enough of in Stockholm and it will be a pleasure to lead our talented team to further success Generator.”
“I am delighted to bring Generator’s leading edge concept to my home country Sweden with an amazing location in Stockholm,” said Fredrik Korallus, Chief Executive Officer of Generator. “With this property we are introducing a unique shared accommodation lifestyle experience to the capital. We look forward to having Generator Stockholm come to life as a place where global and local connects”.