From hotel openings to product spotlights to everything in between, we collate the top 10 most read stories on Hotel Designs this week…
1. GUEST BLOG: XOTELS’ PATRICK LANDMAN – STARTING YOUR OWN HOTEL
For many people starting their own hotel or bed and breakfast is like a dream. Most are drawn by the charm of hospitality and see it as a chance to start fresh. However opening a hotel, just like any new business, is more difficult than it might seem at first sight.
2. BREXIT OPINION: BHA RESPONDS TO QUEEN’S SPEECH
In a pared-back Queen’s Speech on 21 June, Theresa May’s Government set out its legislative agenda for the next two years.
3. PROJECT PREVIEW: AREEN DESIGN – TWIN WIN IN NAIROBI
Areen Design’s award-winning hospitality division has been working on two new hotels in Nairobi, both under Marriott’s Four Points by Sheraton brand.
4. APEX EXPANSION CONTINUES AS NEW £35M BATH HOTEL PREPARES FOR LAUNCH
A new £35 million venture for Apex Hotels Limited is set to boost the company’s portfolio this summer as the doors open on its newest hotel, in the city of Bath.
5. CROWNE PLAZA LEEDS COMPLETES £4.5 MILLION REFURBISHMENT
The 135-bedroom Crowne Plaza Leeds hotel has completed a £4.5m refurbishment, 18 months after it was forced to close for eight weeks following the Boxing Day flood of 2015.
6. SIX SENSES IBIZA OPENING 2020
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas has announced the latest addition to their portfolio, Six Senses Ibiza.
7. HISTORIC MANCHESTER FIRE STATION TO BE REIMAGINED AS BOUTIQUE HOTEL
Manchester’s historic London Road Fire Station has sat largely vacant in recent years, but after a collaboration between an award-winning property development firm and an architectural firm, that might be changing soon.
8. NH COLLECTION GRAND SABLON OPENS IN BRUSSELS
NH Hotel Group has celebrated the opening of another hotel under its NH Collection brand, the NH Collection Grand Sablon in Brussels.
9. SKAMANIA LODGE TO DEBUT TWO NEW TREE HOUSES THIS AUTUMN
Skamania Lodge, the Columbia River Gorge’s awarding-winning destination, recently broke ground on two new tree houses, set to open in September of 2017.
10. LUXURY COLLECTION TO ADD ITALIAN CRISTALLO RESORT & SPA
The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts has announced that Cristallo, a historic hotel located in the renowned Italian town of Cortina d’Ampezzo, will join The Luxury Collection this June.