Company: Dawson Design Associates, Ltd.
Location: Twickenham, London
Dawson Design Associates, an award-winning and internationally recognised hotel consultancy and design firm, is seeking mid-level interior designers to join our London office. Our firm is a close-knit team of artistically talented and diverse professionals who bring to each project the full power of our collective experience and insight. Both our Seattle and London offices are growing, and we are looking for dynamic designers to build the future of DDA.
Personal Responsibilities :
- Bring great, fresh ideas to the team that are project-appropriate
- Produce concept boards to capture intent, look, and attitude for a variety of projects
- Understand budgeting requirements
- Have a personal interest in following world trends and keeping abreast of new technology in the design industry
- Be comfortable working across a range of projects at any one time
- Prepare drawing sets for issue
- Manage time efficiently
- Prepare presentations and information for internal and external meetings
- Have onsite experience and knowledge of construction detailing
- Have working knowledge of structural and mechanical and engineering requirements and building regulations
- Incorporate knowledge of the operational needs of housekeeping, room service, laundry, reception and sales, meeting and conference rooms, food and beverage facilities, and spa and fitness facilities
Requirements and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interior design
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in interior design – preferably within the hospitality industry
- Have a strong portfolio of work demonstrating creative design concepts
- Be comfortable hand sketching
- Demonstrate proficiency with AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, InDesign, and MS Office
- Be able to readily capture the intended “look and attitude” that reflects branding and positioning
- Be a strong communicator, and have great listening and people skills
- Have a passion for creative design solutions and problem solving
- Possess well-developed visualization skills and be able to convey intent of ideas easily and quickly, both verbally and visually
- Be able to work in a collaborative team and function as a leader
- Understand project programming and deadlines
- Be willing to occasionally travel, both internationally and domestically
To thrive here in this position:
You must be passionate about our work and projects, be curious, and love the process of discovery. We are always seeking candidates who are stimulated by challenge and have a knack for remaining highly creative and focused regardless of the environment or situation.
DDA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, pregnancy, maternity, marriage, civil partnership, citizenship, disability, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Interior Design: 3 years
Visit the website to find out more.