Featuring talks from hoteliers, journalists and industry leaders, the 30 seminars at Independent Hotel Show aim to guide independent hoteliers to improving their business, find out about new trends and initiatives, and learn first-hand from some of the biggest names in the business.
Tailored to the needs of the independent and boutique hotelier, all the sessions cover a range of topics and advice to help build and grow a successful hotel business, from marketing and sales support, business, investment and growth insight, design and technology trends, to staff and service best practice.
Day Two’s programme includes:
• The New Service Culture – a masterclass in service, presented by Peter Hancock, chief executive of Pride of Britain Hotels; Oliver Williams, general manager of Ellenborough Park; Stewart Davies, group operations director of GG Hospitality; Kate Levin, general manager of the Capital Hotel; and Paul Milsom, managing director of Milsom Hotels
• OTAs – The best of frenemies is discussed by Steve Lowy, MD and co-founder of Umi Digital; Simon Bennett, owner of Augill Castle; Dori Stein, CEO of Fornova; Jonathan Raggett, managing director of Red Carnation Hotels; and Serena von der Heyde, owner of the Georgian House Hotel
• Hotels for locals – how to tap into your local customers. Speakers include: Tom Bell, editor of Alastair Sawday’s British Hotels & Inns; David Timmis, managing director of Aubrey Park hotel; Will Ashworth, managing director of Watergate Bay; and Justin Salisbury, co-founder of Artist Residence
• Learn how to win at content marketing, from Richard Fraiman, CEO of the Good Hotel Guide; David Petitt, group marketing manager of Elite Hotels; and Petra Clayton, managing director of Custard Communications
• Finding sanctuary: How to set up a spa with Brian Hunter, director of BHSL Concepts; Jill Russell, spa director of Ramside Hotel & Spa; Mark Chambers, managing director of Eden Hotel Collection; and Mark Boler, CEO of the Mere
• Clean Bill of Health: Spas and business, led by Helen Merchant, director of Helen Merchant International Spa Consultants, aims to provide expert insight into how to make your spa profitable. Further speakers include Lina Lotto, spa director of SenSpa at Careys Manor, and Simon Kerr, chief marketing officer of Yoo Hotels