The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands continue growth in new markets with the opening of 10 hotels across the globe during the second quarter of 2016.
Of the 10 Hyatt Place and HYATT house hotel openings in the second quarter, 40 percent were in the Asia Pacific region, including the first dual-branded Hyatt Place and HYATT house hotels in Shenzhen, China, which create a combined experience that enables guests to enjoy the benefits of both brands under one roof. Additionally, HYATT house Shenzhen Airport marks the first HYATT house hotel in Asia.
“The openings of four Hyatt Place and HYATT house hotels in Asia Pacific are a testament to our commitment to strategic growth for these brands throughout the region and the world,” said Steve Haggerty, Hyatt’s global head of capital strategy, franchising and select service. “We are proud that Hyatt Place and HYATT house hotels continue to meet travelers’ needs in key cities globally, further demonstrating the overall strength and resonance of the brands with developers, owners and guests.”
The newly opened Hyatt Place hotels include:
– Hyatt Place Phuket Patong (161 rooms), Phuket, Thailand
– Hyatt Place Washington DC/Georgetown/West End (168 rooms), Washington, D.C.
– Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa City Center (127 rooms), Lenexa, Kan.
– Hyatt Place Shenzhen Airport (167 rooms), Shenzhen, China
– Hyatt Place Luoyang (248 rooms), Luoyang, China
– Hyatt Place London Heathrow Hayes (170 rooms), Hayes, United Kingdom
– Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village (135 rooms), Lyndhurst, Ohio
– Hyatt Place Chicago/O’Hare Airport (200 rooms), Rosemont, Ill.
The newly opened HYATT house hotels include:
– Hyatt House Shenzhen Airport (112 rooms), Shenzhen, China
– Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston (114 rooms), Evanston, Ill.
Additionally, the HYATT house brand has been recognized by J.D. Power as “Highest in Guest Satisfaction among North American Upper Extended Stay Hotel Chains.” As a result of guest ratings in the recently released J.D. Power 2016 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index StudySM, the HYATT house brand led the upper extended stay segment with 856 points, scoring 12 points higher than the segment average.