From hotel openings to product spotlights to everything in between, we collate the top 10 most read stories on Hotel Designs this week…
1. IN CONVERSATION: MARCEL WANDERS – GRAND PORTALS NOUS
Hotel Designs caught up with the charismatic and accomplished artist for a short chat…
2. DESIGNER PROFILE: FRANCESCO ROTA, LEMA
The philosophy behind Italian furniture designers LEMA is the concept of slow living, the harmonious enjoyment of life through beauty. This vision is behind all their bespoke items, and underpins the grace and elegance that flows through their interiors.
3. MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL TO OPEN 40 LUXURY HOTELS IN 2018
Marriott International has reported that it will open almost 40 luxury hotels in 2018, catering to what it calls a new ‘affluent traveller’.
4. AXOR SCOOPS THREE PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS
Hansgrohe has had a great end to 2017 after scooping a hat-trick of awards. Winning three prestigious awards within the bathroom industry…
5. IBIS HOTELS CONTRIBUTING TO CANNING TOWN REGENERATION
Offering unrivalled access to a host of London’s most bustling business and leisure hubs, the new 196-bed ibis London Canning Town hotel delivers style, comfort and affordability to all travellers, in one of the capital’s most exciting emerging locations.
6. KIT KEMP BY WILTON CARPETS RECEIVES ACCLAIM SINCE LAUNCH
The Kit Kemp by Wilton Carpets collection was launched at a glittering event at London’s The Soho Hotel, named the ‘World’s Most Glamorous Hotel’ by Tatler magazine.
7. INTRODUCING THREE NEW LUXURY HOTELS FROM IHG
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), one of the world’s leading hotel companies is proud to announce the opening of three new hotels – in Los Angeles, Perth Australia and Singapore.
8. PROJECT SPOTLIGHT: WILDERNESS SAFARIS’ QOROKWE CAMP, BOTSWANA
Wilderness Safaris is delighted to announce the opening of its new Classic Camp, Qorokwe, situated in the private, wildlife-rich 26 180-hectare (64 692-acre) Qorokwe Concession, bordering Moremi Game Reserve in the Okavango Delta, Botswana.
9. CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE ON HULL’S EAGERLY-AWAITED £25M HOTEL DEVELOPMENT
Developer Manorcrest Group has announced the completion of the new £25 million DoubleTree by Hilton hotel in Ferensway, Hull.
10. SUPERCITY APARTHOTELS MAKES MANCHESTER ACQUISITION
Serviced apartment specialists, Supercity Aparthotels has purchased ‘The Light Aparthotel’ – an 81,000sqft site in Manchester’s vibrant Northern Quarter.