From hotel openings to product spotlights to everything in between, we collate the top 10 most read stories on Hotel Designs this week…
1. GUEST BLOG: THE FUTURE OF HOSPITALITY – HOMESTAYS V. HOTELS
Nakul Sharma is the CEO and founder of Hostmaker, London’s biggest Airbnb management company – and here he describes why he belives homestays and staying in a hotel are different sides of the same coin…
2. BULGARI HOTELS & RESORTS ANNOUNCES DUBAI RESORT
Bulgari Hotels & Resorts will open its Dubai Resort on Thursday 7th December 2017; an urban oasis on Jumeirah Bay.
3. AXOR SHOWERS: MASTERPIECES OF DESIGN
The new AXOR showers combine purist design with an unsurpassed showering experience. The circular AXOR 350 overhead shower, the AXOR ShowerPipe 800 with its matching AXOR thermostat 800; the rectangular AXOR 250 / 580 and 460 / 300 overhead showers, and the AXOR Select thermostat module, were all created in collaboration with the Stuttgart-based Phoenix Design.
4. GUEST BLOG: 2017 WINTER COLOUR TRENDS IN DESIGN
Creating furniture with the right colour palette is extremely important if you are aiming to astonish with your project.
5. HD CHRISTMAS MEET UP: ONE WEEK TO GO…
It’s just one week to go until the Hotel Designs Christmas Meet Up networking event, being held on 8th November at the Home House, Portman Square in London between 6pm-10pm.
6. LONDON’S FIRST FOUR SEASONS PRIVATE RESIDENCES TO OPEN IN 2018
Finchatton has partnered with Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, the world’s leading luxury hospitality company, to offer the first stand-alone Four Seasons Private Residences, located at Twenty Grosvenor Square in London.
7. ARCHITECTS GIVEN PERMISSION FOR 191-ROOM HOTEL IN THE CITY
The City of London Corporation has recently granted planning permission to Eric Parry Architects to build a 10-storey, 191-room hotel on Holborn Viaduct at the current site of Morley House.
8. STUNNING REDESIGN FOR THE ATHENEE HOTEL, BANGKOK
The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts has announced the reopening of The Athenee Hotel in Bangkok following an extensive renovation and transformation into a Luxury Collection hotel.
9. BREXIT ‘NO DETERRENT’ FOR LEONARDO HOTELS IN EUROPEAN EXPANSION
The managing director of the UK’s newest hotel group has outlined plans to press ahead with further expansion to follow its impressive market entry in Scotland.
10. STYLISH TRANSFORMATION OF THE TRAFALGAR ST. JAMES
The Trafalgar St. James hotel launched with a star-studded event at the stunning new Rooftop restaurant in London this month…