Architecture in Formation is looking for an intermediate architect/project manager to join its team in New York, USA.
Architecture in Formation is an award-winning architecture firm based in New York City. We are a highly collaborative, detail-oriented, and process driven practice committed to design excellence and to the long-term and personal growth of every member of our team. At AiF, we offer the opportunity to gain experience quickly working as an integral part of a dynamic team of design professionals while working on a range of exciting projects across typologies. We are hiring for multiple positions, both junior and intermediate.
Intermediate architects and project managers at AiF will lead a team of junior designers and consultants under the direction of the design principal and with the support of a senior associate in the delivery of projects with a very high level of attention paid to design excellence, sustainability, and environmental efficiency. Candidates should have three to five years of experience with affordable and/or market rate multi-family, mid-rise residential ground-up projects; or with custom high-end private residential apartment, loft, or townhouse renovations and new ground-up private homes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture from an accredited program
- three to five years of experience working directly with clients, contractors, consultants, and vendors
- must be currently working and/or residing in New York City
- excellent command of written and verbal communication; fluency in written and spoken English essential
- candidates must be able to communicate with all members of the project team in one-on-one and group situations.
- a genuine interest in construction and materiality with proven detailing skills
- a proactive approach to working, with an ability to take initiative in directing the development and management of projects
- command of and proficiency in hand drawing and digital representation, specifically Autodesk REVIT (BIM), AutoCAD, Rhino3D, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office
- for candidates with multi-family residential experience:
- proficiency in Revit is required
- exposure to or certification in Passive House
- experience with affordable housing municipal agency approval process
- management of projects beginning in pre-design through schematics, design development, approvals, construction documents, bidding and contract negotiation, and construction administration
- lead and manage all communication during project development and delivery in-house and with clients, contractors, consultants, and vendors
- work closely with the senior staff to direct the development of design presentations
- develop designs and coordinate the work of design consultants
- research products and materials and coordinate with manufacturers to develop details
- source architectural products, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment; manage vendors, owners, and contractor through the procurement process
- work with contractor, consultants, and owners to resolve issues encountered in the construction process
Please submit your CV, work samples, and a short cover letter explaining your suitability for the role using the ‘apply’ link below. Attachments should not exceed 5MB.