Featuring talks from hoteliers, journalists and industry leaders, the 30 seminars at Independent Hotel Show aim to guide independent hoteliers to improving their business, find out about new trends and initiatives, and learn first-hand from some of the biggest names in the business.
Tailored to the needs of the independent and boutique hotelier, all the sessions cover a range of topics and advice to help build and grow a successful hotel business, from marketing and sales support, business, investment and growth insight, design and technology trends, to staff and service best practice.
Day One’s programme includes:
• Melvin Gold will talk about 2017 trends, developments and industry headlines at the Zeitgeist Talk
• ‘Show me the Money’: Alex Clarke from the George in Rye; Nicholas Dickinson from Congham Hall; and principal and founder of Hetherley Capital Partners Charles Scudamore will share experience on securing finance and next-generation financing models
• ‘Thoroughly Modern Marketing’ will examine the latest marketing buzzwords ‘ethics’, ‘purpose’ and ‘personality’, with Penny Brewer, director of marketing for South Place Hotel; Olivia Johnson, group public relations manager at Claridges, the Connaught and the Berkeley; and Hannah Béraud, director of Hannah Béraud Digital Communications
• ‘Staring at the Stars’ confronts the ongoing topic of whether the current star rating system should be consigned to the past. Alistair Sandall of the AA; Robert Nadler of Nadler Hotels; PJ Kenny, general manager of the Hoxton Holborn; and hotels editor of The Caterer Janet Harmer discuss
• ‘The Future Guest’ takes a look at the evolving needs and priorities of tomorrow’s consumer, hosted by Dr Antonia Ward, global head of advisory at Stylus