2016 has been dubbed a vintage year by judges in Hotelympia’s prestigious, original and best Innovation Awards to date.
Judges, including Jack Sharkey, CEDA Chairman, Carl Weldon, CEO HOSPA (Hospitality Finance, Revenue and IT Professionals) and Stirling Johnstone, Editor of GS Magazine, have whittled down hundreds of entries – innovative new product launches set to be on view at the four-day show (29th February – 3rd March) – to just 19 finalists in the categories of interiors, technology, and catering equipment. The winners will be decided at the event itself.
Below are the finalists in the ‘Interiors’ category:
- Alfresco Spaces with its ultimate stylish outdoor heating solution ‘Fire N Table’
- (HD Directory members) Burgess Furniture Ltd with contemporary banquet chair ‘Inicio’
- Divine Atmos Private Limited with its eco-friendly ‘Palm Leaf Slippers’;
- Hotel Contract Interiors with ‘Engineered Vinyl Tile’, the 100% waterproof, no hassle commercial floor;
- Signature FSE with ‘Inductwarm® tables’, the only wooden table in the market to allow dishes to be kept warm through induction technology, and another first in its field,
- Vegware with ‘Recycled compostable black cutlery’, the only recycled compostable black cutlery for stylish eco-friendly dining.
“Without question, the best batch of entries to date. Some truly great ideas which have been well thought through to provide the industry with new and improved products. Finding a winner from these will not be an easy task”. Stirling Johnstone (Chair of Judges), Editor, GS Magazine.
Toby Wand, Managing Director at Fresh Montgomery, said: “Once again, the Innovation Awards has unearthed the most ground-breaking new products in hospitality! Visitors should seek out our dedicated area at the show housing the finalists’ products for all to see and marvel at throughout the four days. No other show is equipped to give a clearer snapshot of the weight of innovation that this industry is capable of delivering.”
Launched in 2010 Hotelympia’s highly prestigious Innovation Awards shine a light on the very best new products that the hospitality sector has to offer.