From hotel openings to product spotlights to everything in between, we collate the top 10 most read stories on Hotel Designs this week…
1. OPINION: NYC’S MISTAKE IN ATTACKING AIRBNB
Hotel Designs editor Daniel Fountain asks why are hotels becoming increasingly paranoiac of Airbnb? And why these scare tactics won’t work…
2. STEIGENBERGER FRANKFURTER HOF SPA RECEIVES AWARD
THE SPA at the Grand Hotel Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof has gained a “Luxury Hotel” commendation at the 2017 World Luxury Spa Awards in Hanoi (Vietnam) and has thus won the immediate right to designate itself as a “2017 World Luxury Hotel Spa Winner”.
3. CONCEPT HOTEL FOCUS: EVEN HOTEL AUCKLAND SCHEDULED FOR 2020 OPENING
IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) and Pro-invest Group today herald the ‘age of the healthy traveller’ in Australasia with the first signing of an EVEN Hotels property in New Zealand.
4. DECOREX ANNOUNCES SEMINAR PROGRAMME
Among the most highly acclaimed features at Decorex International, the UK’s leading destination for interior design, is that of the Seminar Programme.
5. GUEST BLOG: LOTSS – ‘PRIORITISING TECHNOLOGY FOR YOUR HOTEL STAFF’
Prachi Chhabria, co-founder of Lotss, shares her views on the best way to integrate technology into your processes to keep your hotel staff connected…
6. GREY STREET HOTEL UNVEILS RESULTS OF £1.2M DEVELOPMENT
An historic hotel at the heart of Newcastle’s most prestigious street has unveiled the results of a £1.2m development.
7. GUEST BLOG: MITRE – SIX WAYS TO ACCESSORISE HOTEL ROOMS
Chris Tame, Mitre Linen’s National Sales Manager, provides us with his six expert tips how to accessorise your rooms in order to create a warm welcome, a wonderful stay and a lasting impression.
8. DISNEYLAND PARIS PLANS TO OPEN MARVEL-THEMED HOTEL
According to reports in the Daily Telegraph last week, Disney is planning a Marvel-themed hotel at its Paris park.
9. REBRAND OF THE EPIPHANY HOTEL IN PALO ALTO TO NOBU PROPERTY
Nobu Hospitality, the group founded by renowned Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, Academy Award winner Robert De Niro, and Hollywood producer Meir Teper, has announced the rebranding of The Epiphany Hotel to the Nobu Hotel Epiphany due to transition on October 2, 2017.
10. CROSSWATER CONFIRMED AS HOTEL SUMMIT 2018 ATTENDEES
With the Hotel Summit coming back in 2018 for it’s 20th anniversary edition, Forum Events Ltd is delighted to announce the attendance of Crosswater at the event.