Marriott International has recently celebrated the re-launch of its landmark property, the Riyadh Marriott Hotel. Opened in 1980, located in the heart of Riyadh, and operating under the flagship Marriott Hotels brand, the Riyadh Marriott Hotel was the company’s first property in the Middle East and Africa. With the completion of the extensive, 1.5-year brand refresh the Riyadh Marriott Hotel has been taken to a new level of style and sophistication.
The newly refurbished Riyadh Marriott Hotel features one of Marriott Hotels’ signature new innovations – the ‘Greatroom Lobby’ – which is being rolled out across all hotels in the region.
Other new features and amenities at the Riyadh Marriott Hotel include:
• 418 newly-remodeled rooms incorporating modern furnishings with a contemporary look, neutral colours and accents of the brand’s iconic red. Smart lighting and high-tech facilities including jack-pack technology are also provided.
• The Atrium Café in the Greatroom Lobby for relaxed meals and drinks throughout the day.
• A newly-designed contemporary executive lounge for dining, relaxing and working with a skyline view of the city of Riyadh. The lounge offers complimentary food and beverages throughout the day. Fully equipped business center facilities, a private meeting room and high-speed Internet are also free of charge for guests staying on the executive floors.
• Introduction of a ladies-only gym, where our female guests can workout on the latest LifeFitness equipment.
• Bodyline, Riyadh’s largest hotel gym with LifeFitness equipment overlooking the impressive heated, indoor swimming pool and luxurious jacuzzi. This builds on the existing spa treatment zone and, squash and rooftop tennis court facilities.
• Stunning new Royal Suite and exclusive airline crew lounge.
• Terrace Grill fine-dining steakhouse. A MENA Travel Award winner and the only restaurant in Riyadh specializing in “Angus Beef”.
• MENA Travel Award winning Makarim Conventions Center with grand ballrooms to facilitate business conferences, weddings and other social events.
• At present, there are 500 Marriott Hotels in nearly 60 countries around the world. Marriott Hotels currently operates 16 hotels in 7 countries in the Middle East and Africa with a total 5,397 rooms. By 2017, there will be a further 13 properties across the region, raising the room count by nearly 3,000 rooms.
In Saudi Arabia, the Marriott Hotels brand is represented with locations in Riyadh, Jeddah and Madinah, with a new property in Makkah scheduled to open by Q4 of this year. This new five-star property is located near the Grand Mosque in the Jabal Omar development.
Marriott International operates under four lodging brands across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: Marriott Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Courtyard by Marriott and The Ritz-Carlton, and currently has seven properties in Riyadh, Jeddah, Madina and Jazan with 1,651 rooms. There are a further seven properties scheduled to join Marriott International’s portfolio in the Kingdom by 2017, bringing in new brands and new cities, bringing the total room count to 4,125:
83-unit Residence Inn by Marriott Jazan (2014)
540-room Makkah Marriott Hotel (2014)
210-room Courtyard by Marriott Riyadh Olaya Street (2015)
639-room JW Marriott Hotel Makkah (2016)
370-room JW Marriott Hotel Jeddah (2016)
432-room Courtyard by Marriott Makkah (2017)
200-room Courtyard by Marriott Riyadh North (2017)