De Vere Venues, the UK’s number one for meetings, training and conference space has celebrated the official launch of the £20million Orchard Hotel, adjacent to the East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham. This 202 bedroom hotel underpins De Vere Venues’ growth strategy, while the combined options of the EMCC and Orchard Hotel will now provide a totally integrated solution for both UK and international meetings and events including training, team building activities, product launches and conferences. The Orchard Hotel opened its doors on 16th November 2012 and is a state-of-the-art eco-hotel designed by RHWL Architects and Interior Designers, Graven Images. Stylish and contemporary, the Orchard Hotel is sited within the University of Nottingham’s 300 acres of stunning landscaped parkland and is ideal for business and leisure travel alike.
Tony Dangerfield, CEO of De Vere Venues comments, “The Orchard Hotel is fantastic new addition to our portfolio representing a significant investment by the University in the city of Nottingham. At De Vere Venues we are committed to extensively increasing our already impressive venue portfolio, and this new beautiful hotel will make the East Midlands Conference Centre a complete, one stop venue to fulfil and exceed all our guests’ expectations.”
Built to the highest environmental standards, the Orchard Hotel features state-of-the-art technology to reduce carbon emissions. The project’s commitment to the surrounding environment is further reflected in its high level of sustainability. The hotel will aim to achieve an ‘Excellent’ rating under the Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM), which recognises low-impact buildings that incorporate the best environmental practice. The hotel will incorporate sustainable features including a green roof system, photovoltaic panels, smart building management systems and energy efficient lighting, glazing and ventilation systems.
Pro-Vice Chancellor for Environment and Infrastructure, Professor Karen Cox, comments, “The University is proud to open The Orchard as a unique and environmentally-driven addition to our conferencing facilities. It is a beautifully designed complex, funded entirely by the University, and will be available for use by conference delegates, university visitors, local businesses and the general public.”
Features and benefits
• The Orchard Hotel offers 202 bedrooms, including 55 are executive suites and 5 accessible bedrooms
• The Orchard Hotel features Bramley’s, a 160 seat brasserie-style restaurant as well as a bar area
• Four meeting and training rooms offer space for up to 20 delegates
• The venue features accessible roof-top gardens, a glass atrium reception and lobby which is flooded with natural daylight, floor-to-ceiling windows, bespoke furniture and unique decor throughout
• An executive lounge, leading to an exclusive roof-top garden is reserved for those staying in executive accommodation
• Mezzanine level provides a stunning area for private hire in the evening for up to 100
• On site gym facilities
• The East Midlands Conference Centre offers flexible meeting space accommodating between 10 and 850 delegates, with 21 flexible meeting rooms, state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, free WiFi throughout
Interiors are by Graven Images, Architects were RHWL.