Wimberly Allison Tong & Goo is seeking a project manager to join its team in London.
Over the course of the last seven decades WATG and affiliated design studio Wimberly Interiors have become the world’s leading design consultants for the hospitality, leisure and entertainment industries. WATG offers integrated design services comprising strategy, planning, urban design, architecture, landscape, and interiors design for urban tourism and resort destinations. WATG’s projects are renowned not only for their design and sense of place but also for their bottom-line success.
The London location of WATG is hiring a project manager.
Summary of position
The project manager is responsible for planning, interpreting, organising, and managing projects through all phases of development. Establishes and monitors budgets, manages project team and prepares schedules to ensure efficient utilisation of resources. It is essential that the project manager work effectively with other service lines to provide seamless, coordinated and integrated delivery of multiple WATG services. Oversee the project process from proposal through construction administration on a project. This position is responsible for establishing client relationship, directing and monitoring all project activities. The ability to develop and understand contractual liabilities as they relate to architect/owner projects including fee calculations.
The project manager is expected to demonstrate professional skill, high standards, sound judgment and professionalism. It is important for this position to promote communication to improve working relationships and work product by creating a collaborative relationship with multiple WATG services. It is essential to pass your knowledge to others and support a continuous learning environment. Team building and motivation are also key responsibilities.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- prepares draft of proposal/contract inclusive of budget, fees, and staffing resources for project leader review
- effectively manages consultants and other construction trades as well as governmental agencies
- assures project conforms to contractual agreement with client
- effectively manage project budget to ensure profitability
- effectively manage project to ensure completion within allocated period of time
- maintains ongoing, positive and productive client relationships
- assures that project needs are satisfied by effectively managing project staff to ensure efficient utilisation of resources
- effectively and proactively coaches, mentors and provides performance enhancing feedback to team members
- implements processes to reduce risks and exposure in all areas of the project
- directs all activities related to construction administration including scheduling, shop drawings process, field observations, reports, change orders and pay requests
- assures construction administration activities emphasise on efficiency, quality assurance and code compliance
- will perform other project and duties as assigned by the senior manager
- contract administration
- managing internal staff
This position requires a BS or BA in architecture and extensive experience in designing mid to large-architectural projects including experience in hospitality build. An architecture license is required. It is essential for the project manager to have client management skills, proposal creation, project management, negotiation experience and contract administration experience. This position must have leadership experience and the ability to manage internal staff and multiple priorities while consistently achieving high standards and goals. Proven experience in motivating and inspiring others is essential. Presentation skills are required. Travel is required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
WATG is an EEO/AA M/F/V/D employer.
Job type: full-time