Total transformation planned for residential Conference and Events venue.
Wyboston Lakes Resort is about to start on the first phase of a complete refurbishment, part of a £3m+ investment that will add meeting areas designed with creative flare and equipped with top of the range technology.
Furthermore, £0.5m is being invested specifically in the IT network, with Phase One of the work to be completed later this year.
Synergy Architects Ltd were commissioned to assess ways in which the existing building, opened in 1998, could be adapted to accommodate the latest trends in conferences in the 21st century and meet the needs of delegates.
Their plans encompass a comprehensive interior refit to modernise and upgrade the facilities sensitively and in keeping with the existing building.
Though scheme will modernise all the public spaces, both within the building and within the external courtyards. The principal changes will be:
- Increasing the capacity of the main conference room to 300+ delegates while incorporating the latest in design, IT and flexibility
- Redecoration, new lighting, new artwork, room layouts and an uplift to the Bar and Main Breakout area
- Movable wall sub-divisions, new seating, lighting and artwork in the Restaurant and server
- A new coffee bar concept will be created
- Movable walls between Training rooms to create more flexible spaces with increased occupancy
- A new mini theatre and themed rooms
- Developing the outdoor courtyard areas to integrate their use with the building, introducing sliding/folding walls to open the inside out
- Hard and soft landscaping, adding seating, lighting, games areas, mobile bars and barbeques
Wyboston Lakes Resort Operations Director Steve Jones said: “This complete refurbishment of our premium conference and events centre is exciting. All 120 bedrooms and bathrooms have now been upgraded with modern wet rooms installed. This phase will increase the size of the principle function room by around 54 per cent once completed, followed by all meeting rooms and public areas.
“As well as the physical works we are investing heavily in the overall offering with a new range of creative food and beverage outlets being launched and we will continue our focus on high end AV and outstanding service and hospitality. Our research into trends in dedicated conference and events venues has taken us across several continents and this investment is aimed to ensure we remain the venue of choice for the many blue-chip companies we work with. This will relaunch the Centre as a bright modern contemporary venue fit for the next decade.”
The purpose built residential Conference venue offers meeting and event facilities with a full spectrum of residential and non-residential events.
This investment will bring the total investment in the Resort in the last few years to over £10m and is part of a long term continuing reinvestment strategy.