From hotel openings to product spotlights to everything in between, we collate the top 10 most read stories on Hotel Designs this week…
1. GUEST BLOG: ROB SYKES ON THE FUTURE OF HOTEL DESIGN
As the global hospitality marketplace evolves and travelers’ preferences shift, what are the future trends that hotel designers need to anticipate? And how can we be visionary in our approach to each and every assignment? Rob Skyes, senior associate WATG shares his thoughts.
2. BREXIT A YEAR ON – OPINION: ‘PERFECT STORM’ ON THE WAY FOR UK HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
Heidrick & Struggles , a premier provider of executive search, leadership consulting and culture shaping worldwide, spoke to Chairmen and Chief Executives from some of the biggest organisations in the industry, representing businesses with revenues of over £40 billion and employing more than a million people across the UK
3. HOTEL DESIGNS BRIT LIST: THE LONG LIST
The finalists in the Hotel Designs Brit List have been named, taking in some of the biggest names in the UK industry.
4. TREND REPORT: STYLE LIBRARY CONTRACT – ‘THE POWER OF COLOUR’
At the beginning of this year Style Library Contract shared 4 design trends they see as having the greatest influence in hospitality design during 2017.
5. GUEST BLOG: JEREMY QUANTRILL – THE BENEFITS OF BESPOKE LIGHTING…
Jeremy Quantrill, managing director of Dernier & Hamlyn explains how beautiful, bespoke lighting does not have to be as expensive as you may think…
6. CASE STUDY: ZANDER K IN BERGEN, NORWAY
Zander K – the newly opened addition to the De Bergenske family of five hotels in central Bergen.
7. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NO-ROCK – SELF-STABILISING EVEN TABLE BASES FROM CONTRACT FURNITURE STORE
One of their latest creations, No-Rock, provides an unrivalled Even-solution to table instability. Meeting the everyday needs of cafes and restaurants, No-Rock Even table bases self-stabilise on uneven indoor and al fresco surfaces, while exhibiting an innovative and contemporary design aesthetic.
8. BRIT LIST 2017: STYLO ANNOUNCED AS EVENT PARTNER
Hotel Designs is delighted to welcome Stylo as an event partner for the Hotel Designs Brit List, which is taking place on July 12 at Urban Coterie at the vibrant Urban Coterie sky bar and restaurant in London, from 6pm until 11pm.
9. FOUR SEASONS MALDIVES AT KUDA HURAA UNVEILS NEW WATER SUITES
Four Seasons Maldives at Kuda Huraa has unveiled their much-anticipated water villas; two-bedroom suites, three-bedroom suites and the family water villas. The new accommodations are now open for booking.
10. WALDORF ASTORIA BEVERLY HILLS WELCOMES FIRST GUESTS
Developers of the £25m DoubleTree by Hilton hotel in Hull have announced that they have just passed the halfway point of the build.