From hotel openings to product spotlights to everything in between, we collate the top 10 most read stories on Hotel Designs this week…
1. IN CONVERSATION: REDEFINE|BDL’S SUSAN BLAND ON BREXIT PLANS
As Brexit negotiations kick off and uncertainty lingers following the general election, there are growing concerns over the UK’s pipeline of skilled employees, particularly within the hospitality industry.
2. DECOREX 2017: CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF ‘EXCEPTIONAL DESIGN’
Decorex, the UK’s leading destination for interior design, will take place this September as the opening destination of the London Design Festival celebrating 40 years of design.
3. GUEST BLOG: MAIDO – TRANSLATE LUXURY SERVICE ONLINE WITH A ‘DIGITAL CONCIERGE’
George Wiscombe, founder and managing director of award-winning digital design agency Maido, talking about how the hotel sector can embrace digital technology…
4. LIGHTING FOCUS: JALU LAUNCHES INNOVATIVE CONCEPT FOR OUTDOOR LIGHTING
Jalu Ltd recently launched its first two collections of striking outdoor floor lamps.
5. KENGO KUMA TO DEVELOP ‘ECO-LUXURY’ 1HOTEL IN PARIS
Kengo Kuma is planning a Parisian project which hopes to incorporate sustainability and hospitality design into an ‘innovative eco-luxury hotel’ which will ultimately serve as a landmark, as well as a popular destination.
6. HOTEL CÍRCULO GRAN VÍA, AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION OPENS IN MADRID
Autograph Collection Hotels, part of Marriott International, has welcomed its third distinctly independent property in Madrid with the opening of Hotel Círculo Gran Vía.
7. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: DURAVIT’S VERO AIR, TIMELESS GEOMETRY RE-IMAGINED
Duravit has launched Vero Air, the next development in the successful Vero series at ISH 2017.
8. ROXBURGHE HOTEL ACQUIRED BY BESPOKE HOTELS
Roxburghe Estates and Bespoke Hotels have announced they have agreed terms for the transfer of ownership of the Roxburghe Hotel and Golf Course near Kelso.
9. ANDRÉ FU, AFSO CONTINUE ASCENT IN SINGAPORE, HONG KONG
After the successful launch of the Kerry Hotel on Hong Kong’s waterfront, acclaimed Hong Kong-based designer and architect André Fu sees a contemporary art gallery in Tokyo completed for Galerie Perrotin, the spa at the now iconic Villa La Coste open and the VIP lounge at Pacific Place finished.
10. GUEST BLOG: VIERO – THE BENEFITS OF USING LIME PLASTERS AND PAINTS
Viero’s clients often ask why they are so passionate about recommending and specifying our range of lime-based plasters and paints, the answer is so simple it’s difficult…