From hotel openings to product spotlights to everything in between, we collate the top 10 most read stories on Hotel Designs this week…
1. ARTWORK FOCUS: RENOWNED ‘ART’ HOTELS
No more bland landscape paintings for hotel rooms – artwork is a serious aspect of interior design. We look at some of the hotels around the world renowned for their artwork…
2. GUEST BLOG: WHY TREETOP HOTELS ARE GROWING IN POPULARITY…
Loved by guests awards and the millions of genuine guest reviews they’re based on, ten amazing hotels have been crowned winners in the brand new Best for Treehouse category.
3. HILTON PIPS MEGAGROUPS, HOSPITALITY TRENDS TO BE NAMED ‘MOST VALUABLE’ HOTEL BRAND
The brand is AAA rated, putting it among the top names in the hotel industry, along with Marriott, Sheraton and the Holiday Inn.
4. HOTEL LIGHTING Q&A: GANESH PRASAD – CHELSOM HEAD OF TECHNICAL
Ganesh Prasad recently joined international lighting specialists Chelsom as Head of Technical. Having worked in India, the Middle East and the UK he brings a wealth of experience in all aspects of technical lighting with a speciality in LED light sources, their design and function.
5. BELFAST’S TITANIC-THEMED HOTEL NEARING COMPLETION
Harland and Wolff has been transforming their Belfast headquarters into a Titanic-themed luxury hotel, aptly names the Titanic Hotel Belfast
6. OPINION: HBAA PROFILES THE GROWING SERVICED APARTMENT SECTOR
The Alternative Accommodation Committee held its first educational event last week at the Park Regis, Birmingham. The event was well attended by 30 agents and 10 suppliers.
7. CHIA LAGUNA OPENS THE NEW HOTEL BAIA, SARDINIA
The prestigious Chia Laguna resort, Sardinia, part of the hotel brand Italian Hospitality Collection, is delighted to announce that its fully refurbished Hotel Baia is now open for the summer season.
8. LOWRY HOTEL MANCHESTER WINS ‘BEST BEDROOM AWARD’ AT CHS AWARDS
The Lowry Hotel has scooped the Best Bedroom Award in the CHS Awards 2017 – held at the Royal Armouries, Leeds earlier this month.
9. KIMPTON DE WITT OPENS IN AMSTERDAM
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has opened the doors to the highly anticipated Kimpton De Witt in Amsterdam. The unveiling of the hotel in the heart of the city, marks the first Kimpton in Europe and outside of the Americas.
10. POLI HOUSE – EXPERIMENTAL LUXURY MEETS TEL AVIV DESIGN
The Poli House is a 40-room “experimental luxury” property harnessing the essence of Tel Aviv’s past, present and future and dressed with interior designs by world renowned industrial designer Karim Rashid.