From hotel openings to product spotlights to everything in between, we collate the top 10 most read stories on Hotel Designs this week…
1. AWARDS: ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ NAMED AT 2017 VIRTUOSO TRAVEL WEEK
International luxury travel network Virtuoso announced the winners of the eagerly awaited 2017 Best of the Best awards at the 29th annual Virtuoso Travel Week.
2. JUMBY BAY ISLAND RESORT TO OPEN IN OCTOBER
Oetker Collection has announced Jumby Bay Island as the next masterpiece property in the hospitality brand’s portfolio.
3. ROOM 2 TOP OPEN DESIGN-LED APARTHOTEL IN SOUTHAMPTON
Room 2 has announced the development of a new apart-hotel in Southampton, with a focus on design, comfort and value.
4. 100% DESIGN ANNOUNCES FEATURES AND INSTALLATIONS FOR 2017 SHOW
100% Design, the largest design trade show in the UK and the commercial cornerstone of London Design Festival, has announced a programme of specially commissioned installations at Olympia London as part of the show which runs 20-23 September.
5. SHANGRI-LA ANNOUNCES OPENING DATE FOR COLOMBO HOTEL
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts has announced that Shangri-La Hotel, Colombo is set to open on 16 November 2017.
6. KIMPTON HOTEL BORN OPENS IN DENVER, COLORADO
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants has opened Kimpton Hotel Born Denver.
7. TWENTY FOUR SEVEN HOTELS TAKES OVER DOUBLETREE IN EL SEGUNDO
Twenty Four Seven Hotels has announced the addition of DoubleTree by Hilton LAX – El Segundo to its management portfolio. The LAX hotel is the first of four new management contracts in the LA area in 2017.
8. NEW HOTEL: BERGEN’S HISTORIC STOCK EXCHANGE REOPENS
The 127-bedroom hotel – with its timeless, neutral interiors, immaculate custom furnishings, and subtle nods to a grand and prestigious history – certainly lives up to this philosophy.
9. THE CURTAIN, SHOREDITCH SHORTLISTED FOR TWO AHEAD AWARDS
The Curtain is a nine storey, 120-key new-build restaurant, hotel and members club located at the heart of Shoreditch.
10. INNSIDE HAMBURG BRINGS CHIC URBAN LIFESTYLE TO GERMANY
INNSIDE by Meliá, the urban lifestyle hotel brand by Meliá Hotels international group, has announced the latest addition to its growing portfolio of global properties with the opening of INNSIDE Hamburg Hafen.