From hotel openings to product spotlights to everything in between, we collate the top 10 most read stories on Hotel Designs this week…
1. THE CURTAIN, SHOREDITCH SHORTLISTED FOR TWO AHEAD AWARDS
The Curtain is a nine storey, 120-key new-build restaurant, hotel and members club located at the heart of Shoreditch. The building is located on the site of a former 1970s office block on the corner of Curtain Road, and its design reinterprets the area’s 19th century warehouse heritage.
2. WINDERMERE HOTEL ELLERTHWAITE LODGE SELLS OFF-MARKET FOR £1M
Ellerthwaite Lodge, a four-star bed and breakfast located within walking distance of Lake Windermere in the Lake District, has been successfully sold, achieving a price in excess of £1 million.
3. 50% BRITS STRUGGLE TO SLEEP IN HOTELS: HOW OPERATORS CAN ENSURE PERFECT NIGHT’S SLEEP
Research from Beacon, the UK’s leading purchasing company, has revealed that over 50% of UK hotel guests struggle to get a good night’s sleep when staying in a hotel.
4. HOTEL CONCEPT FOCUS: TEMPTATION CANCUN RESORT NOW OPEN
Temptation Cancun Resort, part of Original Group, has reopened after a spectacular multi-million-dollar, complete rebuild taken up by award-winning Canadian designer Karim Rashid.
5. MITRE LINEN: HOW TO TRANSFORM A HOTEL BATHROOM IN 7 STEPS
Hotel and B&B guests wants to be able to relax and rejuvenate in a beautiful bathroom setting. So how can you make sure your bathrooms make a big statement and add to a guest’s experience of their stay?
6. HOTEL GROUP FOCUS: LEADING HOTELS OF THE WORLD WELCOMES EIGHT NEW MEMBERS
The Leading Hotels of the World is pleased to announce the addition of eight new members to its collection of over 375 independent, luxury hotels.
7. MORE THAN HALF OF HILTON PORTFOLIO TO BE ‘DIGITAL KEY’ ENABLED BY END OF 2017
Hilton has announced Digital Key will now be available at 362,000 hotel rooms across 2,000 hotels worldwide with the introduction of the exclusive technology at the Hampton Inn & Suites Washington DC-Navy Yard.
8. HOTEL DESIGNS IN MEDIA PARTNERSHIP WITH SLEEP 2017
Hotel Designs is delighted to announce, once again, its media partnership for the 2017 edition of Sleep, being held at London’s Business Design Centre on 21-22 November.
9. LUXURY HOTEL INVESTS IN PILKINGTON GLASS FOR NEW SPA COMPLEX
Rudding Park near Harrogate is one of the most highly regarded hotels in the UK, offering luxurious accommodation in a Grade-I listed regency house, set in 300 acres of landscaped gardens and woodland.
10. HARD ROCK INTERNATIONAL TO ROCK THE ALPS WITH DAVOS HOTEL
With presence in more than 70 countries across the globe, Hard Rock International is expanding its hotel portfolio to the Swiss Alps, announcing plans to open Hard Rock Hotel Davos.