Following the new ownership of Petit St Vincent, a small private island located in the island nation of St. Vincent in the Grenadines, upgrade plans have now been finalised and will shortly be under way. Having spent time on PSV with their families over the past month, new owners Robin Paterson and Phil Stephenson have used their experience on the island and feedback from staff and customers to devise a customised renovation plan for the resort.
At the heart of the renovation is the promise to keep the ‘fundamental nature’ of PSV. It’s natural beauty, peace and quiet, privacy and discretion and friendly, non-intrusive service will not change and PSV will continue to be a privately owned hide away.
The Renovation Programme:
● PSV will not close between May to November 2011 as originally planned. Instead the resort will only close as usual in September and October.
● Renovations to the resort will include:
– A casual, a la carte restaurant on the beach to be open from 11-5pm daily serving light lunches, snacks and cocktails.
– An air –conditioned fitness and yoga centre
– An open air spa
– An air conditioned library with TV, DVD and Internet for all guests to enjoy at leisure
– A children’s treehouse; a special place, away from the adults, for the kids to have some fun programmes of their own
– Landscaping that preserves the natural, wild beauty of the island whilst adding more colourful flowering plans and lights at night.
– New activities desk where guests are given the opportunity to take part in various sports and programmes, from hiking, water sports and tennis to sailing, art classes and wine tasting.
Overall, it is Robin and Phil’s aim to ‘create and enduring place of beauty and harmony away from the crowds and noise of modern civilization, and built on the mutual respect already apparent between those who inhabit the island for whatever period of time they choose to visit’.