Following the debut of Moxy Hotels this September at the Milan Malpensa Airport in Italy, Marriott International has announced that it plans to open five additional locations in key cities throughout Europe by 2015 including Munich, Berlin, and Frankfurt in Germany, as well as Oslo, Norway. Marriott International expects to sign a further 13 hotels in Europe by the end of 2014. A fresh and innovative lifestyle hotel brand created especially for the millennial traveller which combines contemporary design and approachable service at a reasonable price, Moxy Hotels is projected to reach 150 hotels within the next ten years.The following Moxy hotels are expected to open by 2015:
– The 162-room MOXY Milan Malpensa Airport, conveniently located at Terminal Two and scheduled to open in September, 2014
– The 317-room MOXY Munich Airport, located approximately five minutes from the main terminal and scheduled to open in spring, 2015
– The 190-room MOXY Berlin Ostbahnhof, centrally located near Ostbahnhof train station and scheduled to open in spring, 2015
– The 305-room MOXY Frankfurt Gateway Gardens, located approximately five minutes from Frankfurt Airport and scheduled to open in summer, 2015
– The 266-room MOXY Berlin Airport, located at the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport and scheduled to open in autumn, 2015
– The 229-room MOXY Oslo Exporama, located approximately 15 minutes from both the airport and city center and scheduled to open in autumn, 2015
Created in partnership with Nordic Hospitality and with Inter Hospitality Holding as the owner and developer of the first six properties, Moxy Hotels is one of the newest and most exciting brands within the Marriott International global portfolio. Following extensive research on the rapidly emerging millennial traveller and a response to their unique needs, each hotel will be designed with the latest in technology so guests can connect amidst inviting social spaces with self-sufficient service elements.
The design and colour palette will feature calming, neutral tones reminiscent of rich brown leather, combined with natural materials to evoke an organic, comfortable and restorative feel. Each room will feature a floor to ceiling signature “art wall” that is hand selected to reflect the unique destination. Guestrooms will be functional and well-designed, with upscale bath amenities, large flat screen televisions and built-in USB ports conveniently located throughout the room.
Adaptable public spaces will invite guests to relax and socialise, offering healthy continental breakfast options each morning and a bar/lounge atmosphere in the evening featuring wines by the glass and local beer. Each Moxy Hotel will offer “Plug and Meet” meeting spaces throughout the public space, designed with stylish ergonomic seating, writing walls and large television screens for presentation projection. The lobby space will also include state-of-the art computers available to guests and a 24/7 market for snacks on the go.
In keeping with Marriott International’s commitment to sustainability, each Moxy Hotel is expected to meet the requirements for LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council
Moxy Hotels will be part of Marriott Rewards, Marriott International’s award-winning global guest loyalty program which allows more than 45 million members to earn points at nearly 3,800 hotels in 71 countries worldwide.