Following a nine month, $50 million renovation that touched all hotel areas, the new Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach was reintroduced on the 19th July 2010 with a special ceremony including a traditional Hawaiian blessing, hula dancers and musicians.The 356-room Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach is located on one of the island’s most picturesque beachfronts, conveniently situated within minutes from Lihue Airport. The resort hotel now features the following highlights:
• Completely transformed guest rooms and Presidential Suite with timeless island elegance, stylish and modern residential furnishings and lanai (balconies) to take advantage of sweeping ocean, mountain and garden views.
• Refurbished open-air Kukui’s on Kalapaki Beach restaurant for casual dining, featuring a permanent buffet and the new Toro-Tei sushi restaurant.
• Refreshed Aupaka Terrace lobby lounge, offering breakfast items and morning coffee in a relaxed atmosphere overlooking the stunning swimming pool.
• Newly built children’s pool featuring a slide and water spout features, a perfect complement to the hotel’s signature 26,000 square-foot outdoor swimming pool with five soothing whirlpools.
• Conference and social event space comprised of 19,702 square feet of indoor meeting space and nearly 60,000 square feet of outdoor event space in ocean, garden and pool settings. The enhanced Kauai Ballroom is the largest on Kauai, divisible into three sections and accommodates up to 1,750 guests for receptions and 1,000 for banquets. On-site, state-of-the-art AV support and Wi-Fi Internet connection are offered.
• New guest arrival experience with an expanded porte cochere and an improved main lobby and registration desk.
Photo credit: Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach