Stephen Davy Peter Smith Architects is looking for architects/architectural assistants to join its London team…
We are an award winning design-led practice based in Hoxton seeking architects/Part-II architectural assistants. We have a multicultural talented team creating a rich and considered architectural approach.
We are looking for a talented architect to join our team. The successful candidate must be personable, self-reliant and have the ability to multi-task under pressure. Good communications skills, construction drawing experience and the ability to interact with clients, as well as other members of the design team.
Part-III architect’s should have a minimum three years’ experience post Part-II. The successful applicant will be involved in the production information and contract administration for new build residential schemes.
We are also looking for Part-II architectural assistants with all round experience and design flair. Successful candidates will be offered support and experience required for Part-III.
- the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of one or more projects. You must therefore be able to demonstrate strong capabilities across RIBA stages 0-7
- liaise with local planning authorities and building control
- preparing working drawings, building regulations and specifications
- you will be dealing with clients, colleagues, suppliers, statutory bodies and contractors – ensuring a broad variety of work on a daily basis. Whilst initially reporting to a line manager, your long term goal should be to take ownership of an increasing number of complex of projects
- proven working experience as an architect
- a minimum of three years’ experience post Part-II
- expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- ability to produce quality technical and production details
- strong communication and project management skills with good standard of English
- experience of working on residential projects
- confident liaising with contractors, consultants and other members of the team
- self-motivated with a collaborative team player approach, willing to assist others and share advice when required
- previous UK project experience
- competitive salary
- 23 days holiday
- RIBA pension
- childcare vouchers
- cycle-to-work scheme
- secure cycle parking
The studio has an open and friendly environment with a focus on being outgoing and the company offer regular staff lunches and team building/social events.